I’ve Been… Nominated?!
So here I’ve been toiling away at this blog, fearing it would end years and years down the road without ever even generating 1,000 hits. Obscurity. A mere footnote in the footnotes about footnotes. Well… At least Miss Z seems to think I’ve got some interesting stuff! She has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
The rules of the VBA are pretty lean for the most part, and the first one is for me to thank the person that nominated me. So thanks, Miss Z! The second rule is to link to her. Check! I’ll also throw in this tidbit about Miss Z and her excellent blog – it was the first blog that I added to my Blogs I Follow when I learned I could do that here on WordPress.com.
So the next step here is for me to nominate another 15 bloggers that I find interesting. Sadly, I’m not going to be able to give a full allotment of 15 here. I just don’t read very many blogs right now, save for mainstream news websites. But here’s my full list of follows:
- Blame it on Disney… - I’m allowed to nominate her back, right? Because she totally deserves it.
- Almost 30…but not quite there – Kat Donovan! She’s pretty kick-ass too, as it turns out. Photog with a dating streak.
- The Narcissist’s Blog – I’ve always been impressed by Teri’s ability to hold absolutely nothing back. It shames me that I write anonymously sometimes. She does not. She is awesome.
- Once upon an online date… – SWF has a blast with online dating. Always an entertaining and interesting read.
- emarie24.wordpress.com – emarie24, like SWF, is one of my entertaining and interesting reads too.
- misadventures of my awkward dating life – Like me, she’s recently divorced after a long relationship to a high-school friend. Unlike me, she has a kid. Excellent stuff.
- An Ode to the Recovering Hopeless Romantics – Sweet concept – a romantic movie a day!
- Precious Adventures – Fireman’s wife talks about life, and I like to read.
- madirishgirl – Recent follow, I’m looking to see where she goes with her blog.
- reesubmerged – Another recent follow.
I find it interesting that all of my follows here are pretty much life and relationship blogs. No, scratch that, I don’t find it interesting. It totally makes sense. All of these blogs I follow I follow because they are interesting to me and because they also give me ideas about what I can post about. Going through a divorce is a big thing, so it only makes sense that I’d gravitate to blogs that are relationship-centric. I want to know what other people are going through out there.
Finally, I must divulge 7 things about myself to the person that nominated me. I’ll do it publicly, so here goes nothing!
- One of my biggest career crusades is having a good work/life balance, and that’s causing me some issues lately.
- My immune system is crazy strong. My ex-wife would get a cold and be hammered for days. I would get it and would be able to operate at, say, 85% capacity.
- Despite my strong immune system, I’ve had several run-ins with the hospital, almost none of them having to do with a weak immune system. Things like “immune system overreacted to this virus” and “I cut myself while putting something metal together” come to mind.
- Thanks to all of these Project Group parties, my normally weak alcohol tolerance has skyrocketed. And it kinda makes me sad.
- I have been, or am still, involved in both the TV/film and video game industries.
- This blog is not my only online writing outlet. I also run a journalism website with a writing and editorial staff in place… In my spare time.
- When I was very young, my family lived in Lakenheath, England for about 2 1/2 years. I barely remember any of it, though.
So that’s the scoop folks! I need to run off and tell these 10 bloggers that I’ve nominated them. Stay tuned for my first Origin Story post, too. Maybe even tonight.